AC Installation Austin
AC Install Austin, Texas
There are many things to consider when choosing the right air conditioning installation company.
When your AC is past repair and needs to be upgraded, we’re here to make the AC installation process easy.
Call the Atlas team at (512) 265-1887 for fast and reliable AC installation in Austin.
Shop for your AC Replacement online
Get a fair price on an AC installation in Austin
There is nothing worse that your air conditioner stop working one day. So you call an air conditioner company to fix it. The tech finds that you need a new AC system and they’re saying it’s going to cost you a lot, like your second born child a lot. Then you ask yourself, “is this right or is someone pulling my leg because I don’t know anything about air conditioning?” This is a very difficult position for every homeowner in Austin because you simply don’t know. Do I take their word, do I do some research, do I get multiple quotes, do I ask my friends. The big problem is it’s starting to get hot in the house and I don’t have a lot of time to explore every option.
A new air conditioner installation can be a big investment and no homeowner want to overpay. Atlas AC Repair prides ourselves is in offering fair and honest pricing for all of our customers in Austin and the hill country. That’s right, no salesmen, no sales gimmicks, no pressure. We believe in impowering the customer to make the most informed decision that is best for their family.
Make a confident decision with Atlas AC Repair.
Fast AC Install
When your heating and air conditioning system is down in Austin you need someone who can install a new AC fast. Atlas AC Repair puts a high priority on getting your air conditioner replaced quickly so you’re not stuck with a 90º home in a hot Texas summer or a freezing home in the unpredictable winter. In most cases, we can do a complete air conditioning installation within one day.
Reliable AC Brands
A quality air conditioner brand in many ways is the foundation for a long-term heating and cooling solution for your home. Atlas AC Repair offers many different brands, from Carrier to Goodman, so no matter what you're looking for, we've got you covered.
Most people do not know that a poorly installed air conditioner will greatly reduce the life expectancy of your heating and AC system. This is why it's extremely important to have experienced certified technicians performing your AC installation. We believe in having the best techs in the industry on our team to guarantee that your AC install is done right the first time.
As you know, you're not just buying an AC you're also buying the reputation of the company installing it. “Will the air conditioning contractor stand behind their work if something does not work out?” There are a lot of moving parts that go into air conditioning installation and every now and then issues will occur. We believe it's important not to run from problems but to address them when they pop up and make it right. What it comes down to is…we care. Knowing you went with a company who stands by their work can give you peace of mind you made the right decision.
There is nothing better than free money! In most cases, there are utility rebates available that can help lower the cost of your new AC installation. You're going to want to work with a company in Austin that can help walk you through the rebate process to ensure you get the best rebate possible. At Atlas AC Repair we do just that.
When your air conditioner lays down for good it's never an ideal time. Many homeowner in Austin can be caught off guard. The biggest thing financing helps most homeowners with is release the financial burden of a new AC installation without sacrificing quality. We offer many finance options, from 60 months to no interest for 12 months. Whatever finance option you might be looking for, we can help.
How do i find an AC company with fair pricing?
To be completely honest, it is more art than science when it comes to answering this question. However there are a few thing you can do to find the right company.
- The first thing to look at is do they have salesmen. You might be thinking “why is that a big deal, salesmen aren’t so bad.” For the most part you are right, they can help walk you through the sales process, set expectations, and so on. It really comes down to an AC companies business model. If an air conditioning business uses salesmen that means they are paying them a commission for every sell and nothing when there is no sells. This is good for the employer but can be bad for the customer. Not only does this add and additional 10% to 15% on an AC installation but they are incentivized to close higher ticket items. Not only are you getting an AC installation for 10%-15% higher cost but they might be pressuring you into a higher ticket to increase their commissions. Once you factor the sales commissions and pressure to sell a more expensive AC installation, the average homeowner spends 25% to 33% more when working with this type of business. You can kinda see where this is going, the big problem with this business model is the homeowners best interest are not always in mind. An easy way to avoid this problem is ask the company if they have a comfort advisor / salesman. If they say yes, move on to the next company.
- The next thing you can look at is the way you find an AC company. Many air conditioning business will spend around 15% of their revenue on directories and other advertisements. It cost hundreds of dollars to generate 1 lead from directories like Home Advisor and Modernize. The problem is most of the leads these directories generate do no end up as a sell. By the time an AC company closes an AC installation they have around $1500 spent in leads to get to 1 close. Depending on how efficient their other advertising campaigns are, like google ads, it can cost roughly the same. The worst case scenario is when you use a directory or click on an ad to find an company for an AC installation and a salesmen shows up. You can literally spend 40% more for an AC installation over an AC company that does not use these tactics. In most cases is just best to avoids using directories to keep this from happening.
- The best type of AC company to find but the hardest is a transparent company. They are going to look a lot like us because that is our business model. Many air conditioning businesses will use a clock and dagger approach. They know most people don’t know anything about air conditioning so they use that to their advantage. It’s in their best interest to keep you in the dark and guessing. They way you can keep this from happening on a new AC installation is find an AC company that exposes all their prices. You can simply ask, will you quote an AC installation over the phone. If they say “no because air conditioning is to complicated to do that,” you can kind of see what you might be getting into. Finding a transparent company is not that easy to do but it’s worth keeping your eye out for one.
Picking the right brand for your AC installation can be confusing. Should I go with a Carrier, what about a Trane, I hear positive things about a Goodman. There is a lot of chooses out and we do AC installations in Austin for all the major brands. Our primary brand we install is a Carrier. We decided to use Carrier as our flagship brand because they are high quality reliable air conditioners you can count on for everyday use. If your not sure what a Carrier is most people view Carrier as comparable to a Trane. Since we use Carrier so much, we get the best pricing that we pass on to our customers. We don’t have this luxury with other brand. So if you are looking for a great deal for an AC installation in Austin, our best deal is going to be a new Carrier. If you are not interested in Carrier, no problem, we install all brands. The only downside is we are not going to be able to give you that absolute best deal because our cost is higher.
AC Installation Austin
Need a new air conditioner installed?
When your AC is past repair and needs to be upgraded, we’re here to make the AC install process easy from getting a FREE quote to the installation of your new AC system. No detail is too small or overlooked when it comes to the comfort of your home. Most importantly we are not going to twist your arm and pressure you into a sell. We simply answer all your question and provide the best workmanship possible.
We offer 2 ways to get a free quote.
- If you know want you are looking we have an online shopping cart that you can use to build your own quote..
- If you are not sure what you have we can send a tech to you home for 15 minutes to gather all the AC information. We will then build a quote for a new AC with all your options. Then send you the quote by email or text. No Pressure
If you build your own estimate online and want to move forward. The next step is we send an experienced technician to do a 10-minute visual inspection for verification purposes, making sure there are no unforeseen issues to run into during the installation.
If you are interested in financing, we work with a 3rd party finance company that specializes in funding AC installations. If you’re not interested in financing, no worries, we normally ask for a 50% deposit and the balance once you are 100% satisfied.
Is your HVAC 18+Years old?
At this age, repairs become more costly, parts are becoming obsolete and the refrigerant necessary is no longer available. Increasingly more expensive utility bills and repairs put a strain on the budget and your comfort. Atlas AC Repair provides financing options that can help make your home comfortable again for one low monthly payment that fits easily into your budget.
Did you know? The refrigerant in older AC equipment, known as Freon, is believed to be one of the worst offenders for our ozone. New AC equipment uses Puron which has an ozone depletion rating of zero. And, it performs slightly better than Freon.
How Much Can You Save by Upgrading to a Higher Efficiency Air Conditioner?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.
Every air conditioner or heat pump has a SEER rating, which signifies its energy efficiency. The higher the number, the less electricity the air conditioner uses. The minimum SEER rating that is allowed in Texas is 14 SEER. Most utilities require a 16 SEER air conditioner in order to quality for a rebate.
The SEER Savings calculator can help you answer the following questions:
Why choose us
The Atlas Professional Promise
Air conditioner installation made affordable.
Air Conditioner Rebate
Austin Air Conditioner Rebates
There are a few energy providers in Austin that offer utility rebate for a new AC installation. They normally require a 16 Seer air conditioner along with the indoor and outdoor unit being replaced. Utility company are large bureaucratic organizations that can be hard to push rebates through because of all the boxes you need to check. It’s always good to work with an AC company that knows their ways around getting air conditioning rebates. We can help you with the paper work and pictures of the AC installation to help maximize the available utility rebate. If you are looking for an AC installation in Austin, give us a call!
Austin AC Installation Buyers Guide
This buyers guide is to help homeowners to not get taken advantage of by an untrustworthy AC company. The HVAC industry still operates a lot like the wild west and many homeowners are left to fend for themselves. This guide should help to limit unnecessary issues that can pop up on an AC installation.
The HVAC Basics
- Do they have a TDLR HVAC license
- Does their primary brand match what you are looking for
- Do they have good reviews on Google and BBB
Make sure you are protected
- Do they have over a millions dollars in G&L insurance
- Do they have workers compensation insurance
- Do they offer a 1+ Year labor warranty
What to stay away from
- Do they have commission salesmen
- Do they outsource their installers/don’t use an inhouse installation team
- Do they have a physical office they work out of
Buyers guide detail
The HVAC Basics
- When it comes to table stakes in the air conditioning industry, a license is the first thing to look at to verify they are a legitimate business. A TDLR license is the standard every HVAC company must follow in Texas. You would be surprised how many AC techs leave a company to start their own. A lot of time they will skip the step of getting their TDLR because the test is quite difficult. Most of these techs need work right away for income, so they are willing to take on jobs that are over their heads. Without the TDLR they cannot pull permits and don’t know all the installation code requirements. This can put the homeowner safety at risk or end up with a botch install. The best thing to do is to avoid anyone without a license all together.
- It is always a good practice to use an AC company that is most familiar with the brand you are also wanting for a few reasons. The 1st reason is, if a companies flagship brand is Carrier, they are going to know all the ends and outs of these system. It makes for faster cleaner installations alone with registering your equipment for a 10 year warranty. The 2nd thing these help homeowners with is pricing. For example, our company does so much volume with Carrier that we get the absolute best price that we pass to our customers. So, when looking for an AC installation company it is good to keep this in mind.
- Looking through a business reviews has become a normal practice for many. However, there are a few things every homeowner needs to pay attrition to. Did you know many companies now use software that redirect bad reviews so they don’t show up on google? This makes it very difficult to tell if a company is being honest or manipulating the situation. One of the best things you can do, is to look through different review websites like BBB along with google. If there are no major discrepancies between the different review sites, it is probably an honest AC company. By looking at a company’s reviews a little more in depth it can help to find the right company.
Make sure you are protected
- General liability insurance is a must have for every AC company. G&L insurance works a lot like vehicle insurance. If someone runs into your vehicle and they have insurance, then their insurance company will cover the damages. If they do not have insurance, it can put you in a rock and a hard place. You are going to want your AC installation company to have at least a million-dollar policy. That way is something goes wrong, like property damages occurs, you are covered.
- Workers compensation insurance is not mandatory, but it does show how serious they are about their trade. This insurance is mostly for the employees and little to do with the homeowner. An AC installation is difficult and there is risk associated with it. Risk of falling, getting shocked, and extreme heat exhaustion. When an AC tech does AC installation day in and day out it’s just a matter of time when something is going to happen. When a company carries workers comp, you know they are serious about not cutting corners and checking all the boxes. This says a lot about a company because if they are willing to take care of their employees, they are probably going to take good care of you too.
- A one-year labor warranty is pretty much the norm in this industry. If a company does not openly show their labor warranty to their customers, they are probably a small, owner operator, company that doesn’t normally offer labor warranties. When a company sends you a proposal for an AC installation make sure the labor warranty is included. Some company offer as high as a two or three year labor warranty. That is good but longer than one year should not make or break you decision you go with. If there are problems with an AC installation most of the time is going to show up in the first year after the install.
What to stay away from
- There are a few thing homeowners need to keep their eye out for before buying a new air conditioner. The first thing is a salesman. Many AC companies use commissioned salesmen and commissioned technicians. The reason they do this is because it is good for the owners because everyone is sales focused and when there is no work, they don’t have to pay their employees. This ends up being bad for the employees and the homeowner. The only way to make money is to sell something, obviously your best interest is not in mind. We see this all the time when a salesman tries to pressure a homeowner into something they don’t want or need. It is simply best to find and work with a company that values what you want over making a quick sell.
- There are many AC companies that outsource their installation to a 1099 subcontractor. You might be thinking, what is wrong with this? The short answer is they require the subcontractor to pull permits, to do quality control, and maintain the labor warranty. Basically, they are not just outsourcing the labor but the responsibility as well. If something goes wrong with the install the company that sold you the AC installation puts the responsibility on the subcontractor to fix it. First of all, you didn’t make your deal with the subcontractor, and it complicates the AC install and liabilities. It is just a lot easier to use a company with their own install team.
- There are a lot of one trucker AC techs that work directly out of their home. A lot of time an extremely small company does not have the ability to properly take care of a costly mistake. When a small company runs into an issue, they are unable to resolve, they turn around and close their doors. They do this to remove all past liabilities. I see this all the time when an AC installation is done by a small one trucker that works form their home. 6 months goes by and there are some issues that pop up that need to be fixed. You call your AC guy, and it goes to diel tone. Then you start looking around and you cannot find him, it’s like he was a ghost. That is because he closed shop and is probable working under a different name and number. This is unlikely to happen with companies that have a physical location they office from.