HVAC Services Austin
HVAC not working?
We’ll repair it fast.
Atlas AC Repair is a HVAC specialist in Austin, TX
Atlas AC Repair is an HVAC Company that does HVAC Repair, HVAC Replacement, and HVAC Installation in Austin, TX. If you’re looking to have your HVAC system serviced near me, give us a call!
HVAC Service In Austin
HVAC Repair Austin
Even though we are based in San Antonio, we have technicians based in Austin TX that allow us to deliver speedy service. Austin is one of the most famous cities in Texas for good reasons. From the amazing trails to 6th street, Austin has it all! Atlas AC Repair not only services Austin but the surrounding areas as well. From Georgetown and Round Rock to Cedar Park and Pflugerville down to Sunset Valley and Del Valle, we have you covered for all the surrounding areas of Austin. The high demand on our HVAC system causes parts and components to start failing. Some of these components can be inexpensive but can take down our entire HVAC. When this happens your need an HVAC company to repair your system fast. Atlas AC Repair is an HVAC company in Austin that can repair any HVAC problem you might be experiencing. Whether you are having issues with your AC unit, furnace, or ventilation, we can repair it. Call Atlas AC Repair for service today!
What is the Average Cost for Atlas AC Repair to repair, Replace or maintain a HVAC system in Austin
As we all know, each house is a little different from one another, we might run into some unforeseen problems. That being said, the pricing may vary depending on the application. However, if you are setting budgets for a repair or the cost of a new AC unit, below is some useful information.
How much does a HVAC repair cost in Austin?
An HVAC repair cost can vary quite a bit depending on the repair. It can range for $125 to fix a thermostat problem to $2000 to replace a leaking coil. If your HVAC system is properly maintained, a good rule of thumb to know if it’s going to determine if it’s going to be a major repair or a minor repair is the age of your HVAC system. The older your HVAC system the more wear and tear it has along with part that are probably no longer manufactured. If your HVAC is older 15 years, it is normal for a repair to cost in the thousands of dollars. If your HVAC is younger than 15 years old and has been well maintained, the repair cost should be in the hundreds of dollars to repair.
HVAC Replacement & Installation Austin
We all know that our HVAC system doesn’t last forever. A typical HVAC system lasts from 15 to 22 years depending on the brand and how it was installed. The summer heat can put a lot of wear and tear on our HVACs to the point repairing the system no longer makes sense. When this happens you need a new HVAC replacement for your home or business. Atlas AC Repair specializes in HVAC replacement ranging from residential systems to large commercial package units. If you’re needing to find out the cost of a new HVAC replacement, give us a call today for a free quote!
What is the Installation Cost of a New HVAC System?
A full HVAC installation, including the indoor and outdoor unit with no ductwork. When tracking down the HVAC cost Austin you can expect to pay around $5,000 to $8,800 for a basic 14 SEER system. The pricing varies depending on the tonnage of the HVAC and system type, whether you have gas, straight electric, or heat pump. Electric HVAC systems are the least expensive while gas HVAC systems are the most expensive.
Why does an HVAC System Fail Before It is 15 Years Old?
In our experience, we have found that most AC systems that fail before that are 15 years old come down to 2 reasons.
- If the HVAC system was not maintained properly by changing filters on a regular basis or not having an HVAC company do preventative maintenance after the system is 10 years old can shorten its life.
- The second reason is not known by many, if the HVAC system was not installed correctly it will dramatically reduce the life of the HVAC system.
HVAC Duct Work Austin
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. The ventilation part of your HVAC system is your ductwork. The ductwork is most commonly found in most attic spaces. Over time your ventilation can get dirt causing mold and allergy problems. It can also start to break down creating leaks causing wasted airflow going into your attic instead of going into your home. This can also cause hot and cold spots throughout your home. If this is happening to you, you might need to replace some or all of your ductwork. If you are looking to replace your ventilation call Atlas AC repair for a free quote.
How much does new HVAC ductwork cost?
A good estimate to replace one duct run is around $150. So, to get a rough price for your entire home, you can count the number of registers you have in each room then multiply by $150 to get a price. If you have a total of 15 registers in your ceiling it would cost $2250 (15 registers x $150 = $2250) for all new ductwork. If you are looking into the HVAC replacement cost Austin, for an additional $2250 you might want to consider replacing your ductwork as well.
HVAC Maintenance Austin
Proper HVAC maintenance can go a long way in keeping your HVAC system running for a long time. The Austin heat puts a lot of demand on our HVAC system and if they are not properly maintained it could shorten your system’s life expectancy. If your HVAC system is older than 10 years, it’s a good idea to work with an HVAC company to do annual maintenance for your system. This will help to reduce the demand on your system helping it to last longer. If you are looking for a good HVAC company in Austin, give Atlas AC Repair a call to maintain your HVAC system.
How much does HVAC Maintenance cost?
There is a big difference between maintaining your HVAC system and doing a basic check-up. A basic check-up is normally only for a technician to take a look are your system to see if it is in good working order. A check-up cost around $75. Proper maintenance would include cleaning your HVAC system and replacing back components that are starting to fail. For complete maintenance it cost around $150 in Austin.
DYI best practices
Some best practice you can do to minimize service calls is to change your filters every month. This helps your HVAC system breathe easier reducing the strain on your system. In turn, reduces the number of components that will fail. Another good practice is to keep your outdoor AC unit clear from plants and cleaned off. This will help your AC unit to exchange the heat easier, once again lowering the demand on your HVAC system. So by changing your filters and keeping your outdoor AC unit clean, you can easily reduce the number of HVAC service calls and add a few years to your system.
Commercial HVAC Austin
Finding a good commercial HVAC contractor in Austin can be a real challenge. Many commercial contracts we take over from the previous HVAC company, we find that they were not doing PMA’s and repairs properly. The reason so many commercial HVAC companies do this is because they are wanting your HVAC system to lay down and quit working so they can get a system change out. Atlas AC Repair does not work this way. We understand each company has set budgets for the year and the facility manager needs to stay inside those budgets. Our number one goal at Atlas AC Repair is to keep our facility manager in budget for the year. Whether that is to help an HVAC system limp along for another year or do a full HVAC replacement. If you have commercial facilities in Austin and are looking for a good HVAC company, give Atlas AC repair a call!
How much does a commercial HVAC service call cost?
- Our dispatch fee to call a technician to the job site costs $75. After that, we charge $108 per hour our tech is there. For parts and materials, we charge a 35% mark-up on the COG. Atlas AC Repair can repair, replace and maintain HVAC systems up to 25 tons.
How much does a commercial PMA cost?
- Our PMA can vary depending on the tonnage of the HVAC system, the number of filters, and the preventative maintenance SOW. Our average price for a 10 ton RTU is $225 per PM visit.
HVAC Service for Residential Property Managers
Most property management groups have a lot on their plate they have to deal with every day. When it comes to a tenant needing service, the property manager has to read their contract, get approval from the owner, schedule a service company, then coordinate finding and billing with the owner. That is a lot of moving parts for just a simple service call. Another big problem property managers run into is how the owner of the facility makes money. There is very little money to be made on rent until their banknote is paid in full. This forces the property manager to keep repair costs to a minimum. This leaves very little to no money for the property manager to do their job. Atlas AC Repair understands that property managers have a difficult job from too much on their plate to not enough money to properly fix the problem.
A better process
- Atlas AC Repair speeds up the process from excepting the work orders by email to same-day invoicing. When we get a work order for an HVAC service call, we immediately schedule with the tenant and update the property manager of the time slot the tenant chose. If the HVAC repairs fall under the NTE we get the system back up and running that day. If it is over the NTE we create a video demonstrating our diagnoses and repair options. We submit the recommended work within the hour. The repair options will include a cheap temporary fix and a long-term fix. When the property manager submits the finding to the owner, the owner can want the video and determine if they want to bide time to accumulate enough money for the long-term fix or to pull the tiger now instead of later. Providing the extra services to the owner of the property, help to create added services some management groups don’t offer to help to keep you more reinvent than other groups.
Keep your cost down
- We all know that everyone has to follow a budget and it can be a real challenge to keep your HVAC repair and replacement cost to a minimum. There are 2 ways we solve this problem for our property manager. The first way has to do with our business model. Atlas AC Repair is more of a volume base wholesale HVAC company. Our pricing is typically cheaper than a one truckers, but you get all the perks for working with a large HVAC company. The second way we solve this is by offering options. If an HVAC system is down and needs to be replaced, we always include a six-month repair option to give the owner more time before the HVAC replacement. If you are trying to get a more accurate idea on a new HVAC cost Austin, give us a call and we can quote you over the phone.
HVAC Brands We Service
There are many different air conditioning brands out there, ranging from Carrier to Trane. Sometimes, older HVAC systems can lose their nameplate along with the model tags. This can make it a real challenge to identify what you have. You might have a Goodman, maybe a Lennox, or some other HVAC system. Either way, Atlas AC Repair has highly trained expert technicians who can service any HVAC brand you might have. If you’re looking for an expert HVAC company that can service or replace any brand, give us a call and we will be happy to help.